Hannover 96’s Timo Hubers becomes the first professional player to test positive for coronavirus in Germany

admin

Hannover 96 defender, Timo Hubers, has been tested positive for coronavirus, the first professional player to be diagnosed with the virus in Germany

 The 23-year-old German footballer is in quarantine at home while the rest of the playing staff will be testedas well, as a precaution.

Gerhard Zuber, sporting director of the German club said: ‘Timo behaved in an exemplary manner.

‘He shows no symptoms himself. So far, when he found out that a person who had been with him at the event was tested positively, he reported directly to the doctor and temporarily went into quarantine at home. ‘ 

Hannover 96@Hannover96

👇
⚫
⚪
💚

#H96-Profi Timo #Hübers ist positiv auf das #Corona-Virus getestet worden. Da der 23-Jährige seit der Ansteckung keinen Kontakt zu seinen Teamkollegen hatte, ist nicht davon auszugehen, dass sich Mitspieler bei ihm infiziert haben. #NiemalsAllein https://www.hannover96.de/aktuelles/news/details/27047-timo-huebers-positiv-auf-coronavirus-getestet.html …Timo Hübers positiv auf Coronavirus getestet96-Profi Timo Hübers ist positiv auf das Coronavirus getestet worden. Der Innenverteidiger bleibt zunächst in häuslicher Quarantäne.hannover96.de1,4034:58 AM – Mar 11, 2020Twitter Ads info and privacy962 people are talking about this

According to the club’s website, it is assumed that Hubers picked up coronavirus at an event on Saturday evening.

“It is assumed that Hübers got infected at an event in Hildesheim on Saturday evening. Since the 23-year-old has had no contact with his teammates since the infection, which can be precisely localized, it cannot be assumed that teammates have become infected with him. Nevertheless, we will act responsibly – the entire professional squad, trainer team and staff will be tested for the virus as a precaution,” the club said in a statement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Twitter users roast Liverpool squad after Liverpool's 3-2 loss to Atletico Madrid as defending champions exit UEFA Champions League

Atletico Madrid beat Liverpool  3-2 at Anfield to reach the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions league competition on Wednesday night to end Liverpool’s dream of defending the title they won last year. Atletico headed into the second leg of this last-16 tie with a 1-0 advantage from Madrid in the first leg, but […]

Subscribe US Now